We are nearing the end of the third season of ProBots 2021 which means you’re invited to play against the bots! Our Crown Club members get first dibs of games being casted during the finals but we are also looking for a variety of community games to showcase.
Bots Included this season:
How to play against the ProBots [2021 S3 Edition]
- If you don’t already, you’ll need to make sure StarCraft II is installed (It’s free)
- Download the Probots Vs Human 2021 S3 Zip
- Unzip the ProBots vs Humans.zip into a folder
- Add the maps to your StarCraft 2 Folder
How to Add The Maps
- Open the Blizzard Client
- Select the StarCraft II Tab
- Click Options
- Click Show in Explorer
- Select StarCraft II Folder
- Create the folder Maps if it doesn’t already exist
- Copy the map files from the ProBots Maps Folder located in the ProBots vs Human.zip
- Open the folder Sc2AiApp
- Select the file Sc2AiApp
- Select Continue Without Login
- Then on the Play vs Bot tab, Select the Map
- Select the Bot you wish to play
- Your Race you wish to play as
- Hit Launch
Bot Additional Downloads
Tyr may require additional downloads to function, if this is the case Download .NET core 2.1 runtime
Ketroc may require you to download Java 17
PLEASE READ NOTES BELOW
Many of the following are limitations of the technology we use to do these bot games
- The ProBots vs Humans Client only works on Windows 10 OS or above
- Your game client will launch 2 windows. 1 of them will be yours and one of them will belong to the bot.
- You will be able to hear the bot’s sound, click on its window and hit (Control + S) to disable its sound
To disable music hit Control + M
Alt + Enter goes into Full Screen
Hotkeys : To get your hotkeys to work you need to copy your hotkeys file from: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts/######/Hotkeys ” to: “ Documents/StarCraft II/Hotkeys ” (if the folder isn’t there, create it). Launch Starcraft2 through the battlenet app. Change your hotkey profile to standard and accept, then change it back to your custom profile and accept. You will only need to do this once
- You cannot pause the game
- When you’re done locate the folder called Replays in the Sc2AiApp folder (If there is no replay there check your StarCraft II Replay folder)
- Rename your replay to include your name, league and bot - Example : Caerwyn_MasterI_MicroMachine . This helps with choosing games to be casted
- Please also include games you lose
Click Here to Submit the Replays [Submissions for Exhibition close at December 13th 2021 18:00 UTC]
If you have any feedback regarding ProBots vs Humans we would love to hear it!
If you want to try making your own bot check out our Simple bot tutorial
@Ketroc did a video which others might find helpful
I got this set up (Win 10 machine), got all 4 bots to run. Very hard to play against, but fun!
Unfortunately it doesn’t save replays. After fiddling a bit I found that the path is not correct. It tries to save to “C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\StarCraftII\Sc2AiApp/Replays/”, which should of course be “C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Sc2AiApp\Replays”. I.e., it ignores spaces in the path (and uses some forward slashes, which windows interprets as parameter setting).
I tried to dir both directories on the command line, windows can’t find it with the first path, my version works fine.
Is there a workaround for this?
There should be a backup of it in your StarCraft Replay folder in the Documents folder
Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts/ %account number% / %profile number% /Replays
Found them, thanks!
Still, it’s a bug. Should be an easy fix.
Hi, thanks so much for all the work put in to these bots. I’m having trouble running the SC2AIAPP and am wondering if anyone knows what the problem is. I watched Ketrocs tutorial on youtube and followed the instructions, but when I go to run the exe it says: The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. (Reinstalling did not fix this problem) If anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for your work, very impressive. I am having an issue downloading the ScAIapp. I’ve followed Ketroc’s youtube video and when I try to run the exe this error messages pops up: "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” I tried to reinstall to no avail. I extracted the RAR to my C drive where SC2 is and followed the instructions. Do you have any idea what my issue could be? Thanks so much!
actually, a new app was released this week, delete the old app and try running the one located in this guide :
Let me know if that fixes it!
ahhh, okay! thank you so much man. i was just about to message you back and let you know i was able to scan in the command prompt and repair the corrupted file. i did get one game in and its pretty sick, it was lagging slightly but probably just my PC. I’ll go ahead and install the new version, any new updates or just a bug patch? thanks again!
It’s been updated to support different language systems , more bots and includes some of the libraries the bots need to run so you don’t have to download it yourself
Oh okay cool, would I be able to delete java, microsoft core runtime, and microsoft visual?
Java yes, the others I would keep just in case. Right now we know Tyr still requires Runtime.